Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My first Writely document

I am now trying out a new tool named Writely that I read about in the article "The Best Web 2.0 Software of 2005". Along with some of the familiar tool-bar icons and menus that is found in Word, the user interface has tabs for "collaborate", "publish", "blog", and "revisions".

The tool automatically saves my edit from time to time, which is very good. Now I shall try to post it on my Blog...

When I tried to preview as blog post, the spacing of the paragraphs look too wide to me. Anyway, let me try and see how it goes...

After some hiccups, I have managed to post to one of my blogs, but not the one that I targeted. But it seems that Blogger.com was having some problems during the time. So maybe I try this feature some time later...

A couple of hours later, it is confirmed that I can post this writing to my intended Blog, and I can update and re-post the writing.

Good things about Writely:

  1. Portable word processor. I can do word processing not only with my desktop, but also in Internet cafes, etc.
  2. It remembers my user name and password so that I do not have to log in to Blogger every time I want to post an article.
  3. Other points to be jotted down later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home