Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Del.icio.us

The first time I came across Del.icio.us was by reading the news that it was acquired by Yahoo. I went in to the web site to take a quick look, and didn't find it interesting. Several more time I saw the name menioned again and paid no attention to it. Then it was mentioned in the Web 2.0 article that I referred to last week. If so many people were talking about it, and it was touted one of the key tools, it must have some merits, I thought.

Then somehow I navigated on the article The Several Habits of Wildly Successful del.icio.us Users, which hit me on the head. Let me quote the first paragraph:

First things first, real quick like. At it's core, del.icio.us is a place where you can store your bookmarks and get to them from anywhere you can find an internet connection. Accounts are free, get yours today.

This alone is a very good reason to use Del.icio.us, don't you think? Many people use computer in not just one place. For example, they may use it in the office, and at home as well. If they don't use the same notebook in both places, then having a Favourites list maintained on the web is certainly a good thing to have. There are of course many other nice features about this tool, and you can find them in the above article.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home