Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Playing with Colours

Last night I did my first customization to my favourite Template, Tic Tac. Only a minor change was made. The stadard template will change the font colour of text that bear links from blue to green when the cursor hovers over it, which is not eye-catching enough to me. Therefore I changed the green colour to orange, which incidentally is just like the Blogger software behaviour. The code changes were:

/* links */
a:link {
color: #69c;
}
a:visited {
color: #666699;
}
a:hover {
/* change from green

color: #693;
to orange */
color: #ff9a00;

}


Even though this is a small change, I am quite happy with it because I am getting to understand more about templates. During the course of finding the colour code for orange, the following colour tools were also discovered:



  • ColorMatch 5K
  • Web Color Reference
  • Color Scheme Generator 2
  • 4096 Color Wheel
  • Tags:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home