Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Nova on Internet

The PBS's Nova TV programme has been one of my favourites when I lived in the U.S. Today, I just learned from Del.icio.us that we can view Nova on the web. I navigated to the Nova site and watched the programme Artificial Life. Excellent! Now I have gained a little vocabulary of life:

Container - Physical or chemical barrier to make the life-form distinct from its environment.

Engine - To metabolize energy from the environment in order to grow, repair itself and reproduce.

Instructions and Scribe - Generic information that guides the initial assembly of the organism and directs how it will grow and thrive; information encoded in DNA in the sequence of four chemicals known by letters A, T, G and C.

Evolve - Changes in genetic code during reproduction so that some of the offsprings can adapt to changes in environment.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home