Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Netvibes

Not long after I started Blogging, it became apparent that RSS is the way to deal with the vast amount of information popping up on the web every day. Recently, I have experimented with the new version of MyYahoo, which works with RSS feeds. But it wasn't until today that I find the suitable portal for my browser, thanks to Don Hincliff's article Best Web 2.0 Software of 2005.

I like the Netvibes look and feel. It appears to be less U.S. centric than Yahoo, and most importantly, the modules occupy minimal space when collapsed, which is crucial if you want to pack in a lot of RSS feeds.

One drawback of Netvibes is that though it has a module for Yahoo Mail, only paid users are able to make use of it. I am hopeful that this restriction will be removed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home