Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Blogger Template - Tic Tac

A Blogger Template is what defines the appearance of a Blog. In addition, my limited understanding is that you can define defaults in a Template, e.g. fonts.

I think it is worth while to spend some time to discuss about the Blogger standard Templates, because afterall, these are the only choices available to a beginner Blogger. To start with, I'll mention the Templates that I like and why I like them.

Name: TicTac
Author: Dan Cederholm
URL: www.simplebits.com


This is the Template which I am using in this Blog as of today, 6th Dec, 2005. I may well change it for experimentation from time to time. There are a couple of Tic Tac versions to choose from, and the colour scheme of the one in use is soothing to my eyes. The Blog Title on the top is pale green with Blog name in white font; the side bar on the right is pale blue with words in darker blue; the main body is white. The Blog Title is decorated with squares of different sizes and shades of the respective colour; the side bar sections are consistently decorated with the Tic Tac icon. In the main body, the Dates are in Blogger orange, the Posting Title is in either Blogger orange or dark blue depending on whether it is a link, and the body text contents are in black. All of these blends well together. In addition, the different sections are very well separated to give a neat and tidy look. I leave the Blog Navigation Bar in the default dark blue colour which matches well with the rest. I give this design a 5 star rating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home