Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Friday, December 02, 2005

Blogger basics

First of all, let me show you what I have achieved with Blogger in less than 2 months' time.



Blogger is so easy to use that it needs little introduction. Just tune your browser to the Blogger home page http://www.blogger.com/

The top of the Blogger home page is a Sign In prompt for existing users. So if you already have an account, you can sign in to post new contents. Going down the screen you will see some scrolling names of Blogs that have just been updated. You can take a look at some of them. The Blogs of Note are more interesting ones which I recommend reading too.

The most prominent part of the screen, you can take a quick tour of what a Blog is. Just follow the three easy steps and you're in business.

When I created my first Blog, I had a slight problem in step 3. To avoid this, you should maximize the window, choose a template, and then click on the orange button in the lower right hand corner to complete the template selection process.

That's it for a quick start. Of course there is a lot more to Blogging than just a few simple steps. But you can learn as you post new entries like I have done. I was introduced to blogging by a friend who created a Blog. I went in to play with it for a while, and then started posting new entries and creating new Blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home