Web Page DIY for Casual Users

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Motivation

In a gathering yesterday, a friend asked me what software I used for writing my web pages, and praised me on the look-and-feel of the web site that I asked her to visit. "I thought you might be using Dreamweaver," she said. "No, I don't use any software," I replied.

In fact, what you see on this web page is done without using any software. It is all done by Blogger.

There are many casual users out there who admire what they browse on the web, but never thought they themselves could create web pages. When they go to a bookstore to search for learning materials, they are intimited by the jargons HTML, Java, Active-X, XML, etc. I should feel ashamed to say that as an ex-I.T. professional, I felt the same.

If this is not your first time to see a Blog, then chances are that you already know what I am talking about, and could even be my teacher. But I bet there are still a great number of users who are not aware of these easy-to-use tools on the web. This is what motivates me to create this Blog.

Besides Blogger, my intention is to introduce other free useful tools as I come across them. Also, I shall be using this Blog to jot down interesting Blogs or web sites that I have visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home